Our monthly Internet Marketing Relativity group is growing. About 20 people stopped by Atlantic BT in Raleigh tonight to learn video marketing best practices from David Rose of MagneTVideo.com. Rick, Anthony, Patrick and everyone at Bella Mia Coal Fired Pizza in Cary made sure we ate great food as David shared these online video marketing secrets:
- Video SEO
- Transcripts are key to video SEO
- Use closed caption transcriptions to feed search engine spiders
- YouTube helps achieve great SEO placement but hard to convert from YouTube so think of your YouTube videos more like positive branding
- Never, under any circumstance, drive traffic to YouTube since your traffic will do many things (watching funny cat videos or the latest viral craze), but conversion isn't one of them
- Video Title = key for SEO, followed by tags and a complete transcription
- Video As Core
- Video, like anything else, ins NOT a silver bullet put part of an overall content and marketing strategy
- Video's singular purpose is to promote conversion, anything else is getting off track (and not in a good way)
- Measure customer engagement - how long do customers watch the video and shoot for 90% or above getting all the way through
- One minute or about 145 words is the new online video limit, after that viewership drops off dramatically
- Talking heads can kill viewership, so use B Roll and motion to keep interest throughout the minute or less video
- Talking heads are also hard to pull off since even experienced CEO's can shut down in front of a camera
- Videos enhance landing pages helping focus attention into Call To Action because "heavy lifting" is done by the video (not hundreds of words of text on the page)
- Video ROI and Metrics
- Great questions about how to define video success in a multi-touch world and here is what we came up with...
- Sophisticated systems can allocate time on site, view and conversion via cookies and carries
- Use of multi-touch assignments (of touch value) is cheaper and faster if all parties can agree to value of each touch (what is video's value after SEO, email marketing and social? Who knows but make an assignment and move on)
- Modeled worlds like Internet marketing aren't 2 + 2 = 4 linear worlds, this is not to say video marketing is a "trust me" as I shared specific A/B tests conducted on product pages before and after video from last job.
- There is a HUGE opportunity for video metrics, David blogs video metrics monthly read his Online Video Statistics For December 2011
Yes, I Want To Join Internet Marketing Relativity MEETUP at Atlantic BT in Raleigh.
Twitter Hashtag: #abtmeetup